As I sit here enjoying a cup of coffee at almost 6pm, because I am SO exhausted from school work, moving, and DATING, it occurred to me that no one warns you about dating. Everyone says, just get out there, you’re great–yea yea yea…I’m flippin’ tired people!!
So needless to say, yes I’ve been dating and trying to put myself out there, here are my conclusions. (I will apologize now if this post is a lot of ramble, I’m on about 5 hours of sleep)
5 things no one tells you about dating
- You need new clothes. I know this sounds like a no brainer but seriously you need new clothes, like A LOT. So if you’re going out with one guy lets say, you can’t be seen wearing the same clothes each weekend, so that right there is about 4 new outfits. Geesh!
- You’ll break some hearts. Even if you consider yourself the most awkward person, you’ll be breaking hearts, mark my words. I consider myself quite the awkward enthusiast but I have let a few people down recently and it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.
- Be prepared to shower a lot. I know what you’re thinking but hear me out. The weekends aren’t the only time to date, I’ve met a few first dates during the week for drinks. So that being said, I’ve had to shower after work, there was one week I was taking like 8 showers!!
- It gets confusing. Sometimes my friends and co-workers can’t keep up and neither can I!
- Exhaustion will set in. Currently I am dating one guy whom I do really like, which means putting in tons of effort to see each other, however, I am also getting ready to move and taking grad school classes. All this means is I now drink coffee at 6pm so I can get everything I need to get done, done!
So there is it, new clothes, lots of showers, more coffee than usual, confusion, and exhaustion. Yay dating?