It’s been almost 7 months that I’ve been living “alone”, I use that loosely since I spend a lot of time at my boyfriends house 😉
Anyways, occurred to me that even though I am only home a few days a week I have really learned a lot about myself while living here. I thought I might put into words how having my first apartment has affected me, before I go and move in with my boyfriend eventually.
- I go through A LOT of toilet paper!! Does anyone else feel like they are blowing through toilet paper?
- Cooking for one is no fun! I hate cooking for myself, which has led me to eat not the best stuff, leading to some weight gain, which I am now trying to work off.
- I watch a lot of TV–mostly because when I’m not with the boyfriend I’m sorta lonely, although that depends on the amount of school work I have.
- I’m a lot cleaner than I was previously, in terms of house work! I’m turning into such a neat freak!
- I enjoy my personal space, but I am very excited to eventually live with someone again, which is weird because I never thought I would ever want to, after my last living situation.
- I am no longer afraid to sleep with the door open!! Huge step for me.
- I never check my mail. Anyone else? I only check it every couple of days, which before I used to love checking the mail.
I LOVE my apartment but I am super excited to start sharing my space with someone again, at some point.
What have you learned living alone?