Now, you’re probably reading this and thinking, “really? how low carb could they be?” Well how does 3net carbs per muffin sound?!
Okay, let me back up for a minute! As many of you know I’ve been on a keto lifestyle since July. Until recently I was pretty strict with all things keto. Lately I have started transitioning into a very low carb lifestyle–and to be honest, I was scared.
I was scared that I would start gaining weight back, especially since I wasn’t even close to losing what I wanted to lose. So since my transition started, I’ve been on the hunt for really low carb dishes/meals to help me through.
Which brings me to the BEST low carb muffins I have ever eaten. Of course I can’t take all the credit, this is not my recipe, I just wanted to share it with you all. You can find out so much more on Wholesome Yum!
KETO LOW CARB PALEO BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE WITH ALMOND FLOUR
Ultra moist almond flour blueberry muffins from scratch are quick and easy to make! This low carb paleo blueberry muffins recipe takes just 30 minutes.
Time 20 minutes Total Time 30 minutes Servings muffins Calories 217 kcal Author Maya Krampf from WholesomeYum.com
Click on the underlined text below to buy ingredients!
- 2 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Erythritol (or any granulated sweetener)
- 1 1/2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt (optional, but recommended)
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil (measured solid, then melted; can also use butter)
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Blueberries
More tips about this recipe in the post above!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with 12 silicone or parchment paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder and sea salt.
- Mix in the melted coconut oil, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Fold in the blueberries.
- Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the top is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
No joke, these are some of the best I’ve ever had–I enjoy 2 for breakfast now, instead of my shake, to switch things up!! Let me know if you end up making these and if you love them as much as I do!