With Mother’s day being right around the corner I thought it would be nice to share some of my mom has taught me over the years. I’m sure we’ve all heard the expression “you’re turning into your mother” and for the most part I laugh it off, but when push comes to shove I can’t think of a better compliment.
So here’s to you mom and all your nagging, OCD, glory!
1. My mom taught me how to clean–and not just clean, I mean really clean, clean to the point that my boyfriend calls me a crumb Nazi.
2. My mom taught me how to be crafty–she is one of the craftiest people I know, and is instantly my go-to when I need something wrapped.
3. My mom taught me how to run a household–growing up without a Dad most of my life, I relied on watching my mom for how to do almost everything.
4. My mom taught me how to forgive–she’s probably one of the most forgiving people I know (almost too forgiving).
5. My mom taught me how to cook–when I first moved out I took every recipe and copied it because I wanted to cook exactly what she did.
6. My mom taught me how to read–as with most kids, your parents teach you how to read, reading has always been my go-to stress reliever and I’ve become quite the book-worm.
7. My mom taught me how to be organized–along with a clean house comes an organized house. I drive everyone crazy with my OCD tendencies.
8. My mom taught me how to be a mom–helping to raise my brother I learned really quick how to take care of another person.
9. My mom taught me how to nag the crap out of my brother–oh boy does he love comparing me to my mother.
10. My mom taught me how to love–I think that my boyfriend still can’t believe how loving I really am and always go the extra mile, he has my mother to thank.
Happy mother’s day to all the moms out there! I hope everyone has a great day! We are headed to a mother’s day brunch tomorrow which should be awesome. I do love mimosas!